Moving Jobs – Looking to get a job as Mover?
Think you got what it takes to be a Safe Responsible Mover? Are you looking for flexible hours? Do you have an odd schedule because you’re a musician, writer, or a vaudeville-era foley artist? Are you an easy person to hang out with in a small space for an hour (or more) at a time? Are you an extremely hard worker with an internal “switch” you can flip to overcome exhaustion?
If you answered “no” to any of those questions, then we’re probably not gonna be a good fit. BUT! If you answered “yes” to all of those questions, we may have a job for you. We pay competitive starting rates and we’re in need of movers, whether you have experience or not – the only requirement is a positive attitude.
If you’re looking for currently moving jobs we have, we recommend using our contact page or emailing us directly. Our email address is info (at) saferesponsiblemovers (dot) com.
If you want a job, send a thoughtful, detailed email to us
Seriously. Do not send us a one-sentence email about how great a mover you are. We don’t care. Since we don’t have a ton of moving jobs to offer, if we don’t know anything about you, we’re not going to reach out. We delete any short, misspelled emails as soon as we receive them. If you can’t put effort and care into introducing yourself, we assume you don’t put effort and care into much else.
Alright, enough about what not to do (and berating a hypothetical poor applicant). Here’s what to do if you’re looking to see if we have any moving jobs available:
- Send an email introducing yourself
- Let us know what kind of person you are — if you work out, you’ll be spending a lot of time in a truck with other movers, so we want a sense of what it’s like to hang out with you
- What kind of experience do you have? Don’t make stuff up. If you don’t have experience working moving jobs before, that’s fine. We can teach moving. We can’t teach you how not to be a jerk.
- Give us references. We will call them. (You should let them know that we might call them.)
- Give us your number. We will call you.
- Tell us why you’re looking for this kind of job. It can be a lot of fun for the right person for sure. But when you start with us, chances are you won’t be working a ton of shifts. So part-time to start should be something you’re okay with.
Still want to work with us? Great! Send us an email then – info (at) saferesponsiblemovers (dot) com.